Presentations & Webinars - 2017
Non-Traditional Enrollment Ideas from the Colleges
Ideas shared by the colleges after Tony presented information about non-traditional enrollment.
- A-B Tech pre-apprenticing as well
- Active and growing American Association for Men in Nursing chapter; they are doing some service learning projects to connect to community
- At Cape Fear Community College we are meeting with middle school PTO's and PTA parents
- At Cape Fear Community College we are starting the "Voc Tech Road Show". Meeting with all high schools in Pender and New Hanvor Counties to promote all programs.
- Career Coach
- Career Coaches; Manufacturing Day activities for 8th and 10th graders
- career exploration camps focused on non-trads
- Career exploration fairs targeted to non-traditional careers by gendar.
- Cummins Lego Event with women engineerings and summer camps
- Gender neutral marketing
- Grit - Angela Duckworth
- Guest Speakers
- Guest speakers. Non-traditional Advisory Committee members to visit students in programs
- High school and middle school tours. Camp Opportunity
- Hired a male nurse.
- Incorporating NAPE designations into annual program review process to better inform faculty
- Incorporating nontraditional role models into the educational experience - guest speakers, job shadowing, etc.
- Info sessions in community highlighting non-traditional employment
- Male Minority Mentoring Summer Bridge program
- Market non traditional students in programs through marketing materials sent to potential students and high schools
- Mentoring females in CTE STEM fields
- Our Counselors work with non-traditional students in career and counseling (SPCC)
- Our NSF grant trains chairs and faculty on marketing and promoting success for nontraditional students.
- Promoting through images and using non-traditional students as student mentors to other non-traditional students.
- Stanly also offers a Welding for Women continuing education class
- Stanly Community College has a Women in STEM club
- Started a Women in Horticulture Program
- STEP-UP NSF Grant
- Summer camp with Beaufort County PAL
- Using GRIT at Gaston as well.
- We specifically have non-tradtional instructors participate in recruiting for the program...we have a female machining instructor, a male nursing instructor, a female instructor in Industrial Systems, etc.
- We've use/track data and have junior high school visits to the college.
- Women of Standard Club: the awareness of standards that business and industries are looking for in the professional arena.
Last modified: Tuesday, 12 September 2017, 10:40 AM