Perkins Policies & Procedures
ACCS performs “desk-top” and on-site monitoring visits of colleges receiving Perkins grant funds based on risk of noncompliance with Federal statues, regulations, and the terms and conditions of the subaward of the Perkins Act.
Colleges selected for on-site monitoring are determined by a number of risk factors to include
but not limited to:
- Failure to meet Perkins core indicator levels for 2 or more consecutive years;
- Significant deficiency in any Perkins core indicators;
- Newly assigned key personnel affecting Perkins budgeting or control of Perkins resources
- Significant amounts of Perkins funds received
- Other factors requiring an on-site monitoring visit as determined by the NCCCS Director of CTE
The CTE Division of NCCCS will coordinate with Colleges identified for onsite monitoring and
will provide the following items as applicable:
A Self-Assessment Checklist A “Final Expenditure Report” for the previous “completed” fiscal year (these are used for property inventory purposes) A copy of the college’s Five Year Plan and addendums to the plan (if not previously provided), and A graph showing performance trends as they compare to the target levels for the Core Performance Indicators Additional items as necessary
NOTE: Additional monitoring requirements may be indicated due to updates or changes to federal monitoring and reporting requirements. Colleges will be notified of these updates in a timely manner to facilitate accurate monitoring.